Patients who come to San Bruno, CA Invisible Braces Dentistry often have concerns about their need for orthodontic work and the impact that traditional metal braces will have on their smile. It can be very discouraging, especially for adults, to consider the prospect of wearing unattractive metal braces for long periods of time. Invisalign® offers an almost invisible aligning system that straightens teeth fast without any metal.
What kind of bite problems can Invisalign® correct?
Invisalign® can correct the same dental alignment issues as traditional metal braces. However, Invisalign® trays are almost invisible to the naked eye, and can be removed as needed.
Some of the problems that can be corrected with Invisalign are:
Overcrowding – Overcrowding occurs when there is too little space for the teeth to align normally in the mouth, causing tooth decay and increasing the likelihood of gum disease.
Large gaps between teeth – This can sometimes occur because teeth are missing or because the jaw continues to grow abnormally.
Crossbite – This is a common dental problem that occurs when one or multiple upper teeth bite inside the lower teeth, leading to bone erosion and gum disease.
Overbite – Another common problem, overbite occurs when the upper teeth project further than the lower teeth, creating the potential for jaw pain and TMJ.
Underbite – The opposite of the overbite with lower teeth projecting further than the upper teeth. Eventually, jaw pain and TMJ can occur.
What does Invisalign® treatment involve?
Our San Bruno, California Invisible Braces Dentist begins developing a treatment plan by taking three-dimensional digital images of the entire jaw. These images allow the dentist to move specific teeth on the screen and view the jaw from different angles. This technology actually allows you to see how Invisalign® trays will change your appearance. Once planning is complete, a customized set of aligners is created.
Do I have to wear Invisalign® all the time?
Invisalign® trays should be worn constantly, except when eating and drinking. Removing the trays is important because food or drink can become trapped between the tray and the teeth, causing tooth decay.
New trays are usually introduced every two weeks and progress between appointments can be seen with the naked eye. Renowned for being both comfortable and effective, Invisalign® aligning trays have revolutionized orthodontics. Contact our office for more information or to schedule an appointment.
Tuesday, June 05, 2012
- San Bruno Cosmetic Dentist Explains the Benefits of Custom Teeth Whitening
- San Bruno, CA Periodontics Dentist Discusses Professional Dental Cleanings
- San Bruno Veneers Dentist Explains the Best Way to Care for Your New Porcelain Veneers
- San Bruno Periodontal Dentistry Describes Complications of Periodontal Disease
- San Bruno Invisalign Dentist Discusses Advantages of Clear Braces for Straightening Teeth
- San Bruno Restorative Dentistry Describes How Lumineers Fix the Appearance of Damaged Teeth
- San Bruno Restorative Dentistry Explains Why Dental Restorations May Wear Down
- San Bruno Periodontal Dentist Addresses Symptoms of Dry Mouth and Bad Breath
- San Bruno Dentist Explains Laser Periodontal Treatment
- San Bruno Dentist Explains Value of Cosmetic Dentistry
Retainers Teeth Whitening Lumineers Dental Cleanings Flossing Orthodontics Periodontal Disease Sleep Dentist Braces Dry Mouth General Dentistry Clear Braces Cosmetic Dentistry Sedation Sapphire Teeth Whitening Gum Disease Bad Breath Dental Hygiene Dental Restorations Invisible Braces Non-Surgical Periodontal Treatment Brushing Sleep Apnea Invisalign Oral Hygiene Dental Implants Sedation Dentist Routine Visits