When you lose a tooth, it can have an unfortunate impact on your life, causing difficulty with speaking and eating certain types of foods. In addition you may experience the resulting lack of confidence in your appearance. But at the San Bruno, CA Dental Implants Dentist Office you have more tooth replacement options with modern cosmetic dentistry than ever before, and one option in particular, the dental implant, is quickly becoming the preferred course of treatment for missing teeth.
A dental implant consists of a small titanium post surgically implanted into the bone. During the initial phase of the implant process, the titanium bonds with your jaw bone to form a strong foundation for a natural-looking dental restoration. Once the post is firmly seated in the jaw, the restoration is affixed to the implant. Because the titanium post takes the place of the tooth’s missing root, dental implants are actually integrated into the structure of the bone to mimic the appearance and strength of your natural teeth.
Dental implants can be used to replace one tooth or multiple teeth. They are an exceptional tooth replacement option when used alone, but they can also be used to help improve the stability and comfort of existing dentures or bridges.
Our San Bruno Dental Implants Dentistry Office can strategically place dental implants to stabilize bridges and dentures. Bridges stay in place because they are affixed to adjacent teeth, but this can cause unnecessary strain and structural stress on a patient’s natural teeth. Now, a patient’s bridge can be anchored to a dental implant, ensuring a comfortable fit, and taking the pressure off of healthy, natural teeth.
Dental implants can be used alone or with dentures and bridges to improve the appearance and functionality of a patient’s smile. They are a versatile tooth-replacement option providing stability and a natural-looking restoration.
Tuesday, February 14, 2012
- San Bruno Cosmetic Dentist Explains the Benefits of Custom Teeth Whitening
- San Bruno, CA Periodontics Dentist Discusses Professional Dental Cleanings
- San Bruno Veneers Dentist Explains the Best Way to Care for Your New Porcelain Veneers
- San Bruno Periodontal Dentistry Describes Complications of Periodontal Disease
- San Bruno Invisalign Dentist Discusses Advantages of Clear Braces for Straightening Teeth
- San Bruno Restorative Dentistry Describes How Lumineers Fix the Appearance of Damaged Teeth
- San Bruno Restorative Dentistry Explains Why Dental Restorations May Wear Down
- San Bruno Periodontal Dentist Addresses Symptoms of Dry Mouth and Bad Breath
- San Bruno Dentist Explains Laser Periodontal Treatment
- San Bruno Dentist Explains Value of Cosmetic Dentistry
Braces Gum Disease Dental Implants Non-Surgical Periodontal Treatment Invisible Braces Periodontal Disease Retainers Teeth Whitening Sedation Dentist Cosmetic Dentistry Clear Braces Dental Cleanings Routine Visits Lumineers Brushing Invisalign Dental Hygiene General Dentistry Dry Mouth Sleep Dentist Sleep Apnea Bad Breath Oral Hygiene Orthodontics Dental Restorations Sedation Sapphire Teeth Whitening Flossing