I recently spoke to you about veneers, focusing mostly on porcelain veneers. Many patients are curious about Lumineers as an alternative to porcelain veneers, so today I’d like I’ll address the advantages of using Lumineers.
How are Lumineers different from traditional veneers?
Lumineers is a trade name that refers to an ultra-thin, highly translucent material that replicates the natural appearance of enamel. Traditional veneers are much thicker and require grinding of your original tooth structure. The ultra-thin material used in Lumineers means that little or no adjustment to the original tooth is necessary. With proper care and oral hygiene, Lumineers will last for as long as 20 years.
Is it painful to have Lumineers applied?
Lumineers are a pain-free way to reshape and permanently whiten your teeth. Because of the ultra-thin material, most patients will get a perfect fit with no alteration necessary. Once the procedure is completed, there is no post-procedure discomfort or sensitivity. Lumineers will look natural and feel comfortable from the moment they are placed.
Will Lumineers eliminate the need for braces?
In many cases, yes! Your San Bruno Cosmetic Dentist will be able to evaluate your teeth and decide whether orthodontics is necessary. If you do not have a severe problem, Lumineers can reshape the appearance of your teeth, making them look more even.
What’s involved with a Lumineers procedure?
On the first visit, we create a precise mold. Then we’ll discuss the shade of white that suits you best. The mold is then used to create your own custom fit set of Lumineers. During your second visit to our San Bruno, CA Dental Office, your Lumineers are painlessly applied without shots or drilling of sensitive tooth structure.
Can my Lumineers be removed?
Lumineers are completely reversible because there’s no grinding down of healthy tooth structure in most cases. Your natural teeth are still intact and strong, and now your smile is bright and beautiful!
Tuesday, August 16, 2011
- San Bruno Cosmetic Dentist Reveals the Secret to a Youthful Smile
- San Bruno Cosmetic Dentist Explains the Benefits of Custom Teeth Whitening
- San Bruno, CA Periodontics Dentist Discusses Professional Dental Cleanings
- San Bruno Veneers Dentist Explains the Best Way to Care for Your New Porcelain Veneers
- San Bruno Periodontal Dentistry Describes Complications of Periodontal Disease
- San Bruno Invisalign Dentist Discusses Advantages of Clear Braces for Straightening Teeth
- San Bruno Restorative Dentistry Describes How Lumineers Fix the Appearance of Damaged Teeth
- San Bruno Restorative Dentistry Explains Why Dental Restorations May Wear Down
- San Bruno Periodontal Dentist Addresses Symptoms of Dry Mouth and Bad Breath
- San Bruno Dentist Explains Laser Periodontal Treatment
Dental Implants Orthodontics Flossing Dental Hygiene Sleep Apnea Sapphire Teeth Whitening Brushing Cosmetic Dentistry General Dentistry Dental Restorations Non-Surgical Periodontal Treatment Dental Cleanings Retainers Braces Routine Visits Invisalign Lumineers Gum Disease Bad Breath Periodontal Disease Sedation Dentist Oral Hygiene Clear Braces Invisible Braces Teeth Whitening Sleep Dentist Dry Mouth Sedation