If you tend to put off dental treatment due to fear and anxiety, you probably suffer from dental phobia. This type of anxiety is very common, and sedation dentistry at our San Bruno Dental Medicine office is available to address this anxiety. Sedation dentistry helps people cope with the fear associated with some types of dental treatment.
It may be hard to believe that a visit to the dentist for any type of treatment can be completed in a calm and relaxed state through the use of carefully administered sedatives. More importantly sedation dentistry provides the freedom for you to obtain necessary dental care that you have been putting off. If any of this sounds familiar to you, sedation dentistry may be the answer to help eliminate your fear and anxiety about going to the dentist.
How does Sedation Dentistry work?
It is important to schedule an appointment with San Bruno, CA Sedation Dentistry to speak to us about your fears and anxiety. It is most helpful to discuss these fears with the dentist in a calm setting at a time when you are not already experiencing anxiety. We will discuss your particular situation and the sedation options that will work best for you. This appointment allows us to gauge the level of your fears but it also provides you with a sense of calm as you understand that we are listening and responding to your needs. It also allows us to consider all your other health issues so that we can make a decision about which type of sedation is most appropriate for you.
What are my options with Sedation Dentistry?
Oral conscious sedation is a very simple solution to extreme dental anxiety. We usually prescribe a medication that can be taken about an hour before your visit. You will become drowsy and relaxed but you are not unconscious. You just remain very calm and relaxed and will have little memory of any unpleasantness.
Nitrous oxide (laughing gas) is another good option for many people whose fear is not extreme. Sedatives can be administered in various degrees and doses depending on your needs. Some individuals may need to be only minimally sedated, which will sufficiently lull the patient into a relaxed state.
If you have been putting off important dental visits because of your fear, contact our office to make an appointment for an initial consultation to discuss your fears. You no longer have to put off dental treatment because of your overwhelming fear of dentists or dental procedures.
Tuesday, November 20, 2012
- San Bruno Cosmetic Dentist Explains the Benefits of Custom Teeth Whitening
- San Bruno, CA Periodontics Dentist Discusses Professional Dental Cleanings
- San Bruno Veneers Dentist Explains the Best Way to Care for Your New Porcelain Veneers
- San Bruno Periodontal Dentistry Describes Complications of Periodontal Disease
- San Bruno Invisalign Dentist Discusses Advantages of Clear Braces for Straightening Teeth
- San Bruno Restorative Dentistry Describes How Lumineers Fix the Appearance of Damaged Teeth
- San Bruno Restorative Dentistry Explains Why Dental Restorations May Wear Down
- San Bruno Periodontal Dentist Addresses Symptoms of Dry Mouth and Bad Breath
- San Bruno Dentist Explains Laser Periodontal Treatment
- San Bruno Dentist Explains Value of Cosmetic Dentistry
Dental Hygiene General Dentistry Braces Bad Breath Periodontal Disease Lumineers Orthodontics Sedation Sapphire Teeth Whitening Invisible Braces Clear Braces Dental Cleanings Routine Visits Oral Hygiene Flossing Brushing Cosmetic Dentistry Dental Restorations Dental Implants Dry Mouth Sedation Dentist Sleep Apnea Invisalign Sleep Dentist Non-Surgical Periodontal Treatment Gum Disease Teeth Whitening Retainers