More and more of my patients these days come to me with questions about dental implants. Today I’ll tell you about the benefits of dental implants.
Are Dental Implants Right for Me?
If you are missing one or more teeth due to injury, disease or tooth decay you may be a good candidate for dental implants. Generally speaking, if you’re healthy enough for a tooth extraction then you may be a candidate for dental implants, although we won’t know for sure until we do a thorough examination
What are Dental Implants?
A dental implant consists of a small titanium fixture that serves as a replacement for the root portion of your missing tooth. Using local anesthesia, San Bruno, CA Dental Implants Dentist Office places the small titanium fixture into the bone. Ultimately the implant integrates with the bone securely, often resulting in a more stable structure than the tooth’s natural root.
Why dental implants?
Improved Confidence and Lifestyle: Dental implants will transform your smile by eliminating unsightly gaps, helping you regain a more youthful smile. You can continue to enjoy all your favorite foods with confidence because of the sound structure of your teeth.
Improved Appearance: Without the root structure of a natural tooth present, the jawbone can shrink over time, affecting your overall appearance by giving your face a “sunken” appearance. This has the undesirable effect of making you appear older than you actually are but can also eventually change the structure of your jaw.
Provide a Permanent Solution: Unlike crowns or other dental prosthetics, the implant becomes an integral part of the structure of your jaw and will, under normal conditions, serve you for life without further adjustment.
At our San Bruno Dental Implants Dentistry Office the procedure can be done under local anesthesia in as little as 45 minutes. However, we do have a variety of sedation options available for patients who feel anxious or prefer a stronger sedative.
Tuesday, April 10, 2012
- San Bruno Cosmetic Dentist Explains the Benefits of Custom Teeth Whitening
- San Bruno, CA Periodontics Dentist Discusses Professional Dental Cleanings
- San Bruno Veneers Dentist Explains the Best Way to Care for Your New Porcelain Veneers
- San Bruno Periodontal Dentistry Describes Complications of Periodontal Disease
- San Bruno Invisalign Dentist Discusses Advantages of Clear Braces for Straightening Teeth
- San Bruno Restorative Dentistry Describes How Lumineers Fix the Appearance of Damaged Teeth
- San Bruno Restorative Dentistry Explains Why Dental Restorations May Wear Down
- San Bruno Periodontal Dentist Addresses Symptoms of Dry Mouth and Bad Breath
- San Bruno Dentist Explains Laser Periodontal Treatment
- San Bruno Dentist Explains Value of Cosmetic Dentistry
Brushing Retainers Non-Surgical Periodontal Treatment Dental Implants General Dentistry Bad Breath Gum Disease Sleep Apnea Invisible Braces Dental Cleanings Flossing Braces Lumineers Dry Mouth Clear Braces Periodontal Disease Sleep Dentist Oral Hygiene Orthodontics Teeth Whitening Sedation Dentist Routine Visits Dental Hygiene Dental Restorations Cosmetic Dentistry Sapphire Teeth Whitening Sedation Invisalign